These predatory landlords (Keith T. Dang and Monica H. Stern Dang) and their equally disgraceful property management company, Pacific View Real Estate (owner: Christopher Gardner ; stooge: Arnold Camps), have engaged in harassment and retaliatory eviction attempts against their tenants, including:
- Locking emergency exits, locking a tenant and their child in a parking garage for several hours
- Intensifying ongoing harassment of a young family in retribution for being fined by the fire marshal for the above incident
- Intimidating tenants by letting them know they are being surveilled in real time in common areas
- Using false advertising to trick new tenants into signing a lease, then refusing to let them out of it
- Filing large numbers of bogus and illegal eviction notices against tenants
- At least 8 illegal eviction attempts had to be to rescinded per the city of Seattle
Arnold Camps has dramatically escalated his campaign of harassment against the tenant in his building in retribution for standing up for themselves and their young child. The following incidents of harassment have been documented since the demand for justice for this tenant was first made.
- Reported to Arnold’s boss, Chris Gardner, and building owners Keith Dang and Monica Stern at the end of May 2021, to no effect:
- Arnold looked up information and accosted the tenant in public about a traumatic assault case the tenant survived in another state.
- Arnold later used this information in a confrontation he had with pedestrians.
- Arnold has been confrontational to the tenant and one of our organizers while placing posters outside the property related to this ongoing challenge, denying the tenant protected speech.
- Arnold has taken the time to investigate the tenant’s car, using outdated registration as another means to harass them. Up-to-date registration is not required by the lease, and the car is in a private, closed garage.
- Arnold has also prevented the tenant from sending urgent maintenance requests in the apartment’s system.
- The maintenance personnel relayed he was not allowed to fix the tenant’s leaking sink immediately, which caused mold to grow before he was able to resolve the cause and repair the moldy material.
- Reported to Chris Gardner on June 3rd, 2021 to no effect:
- Garden sculptures belonging to the tenant’s daughter were stolen from the building garden and destroyed following yet another confrontation with Arnold.
- Reported to Chris Gardner on June 20th to no effect:
- A party was occurring in the unit directly above the tenant that Arnold has been targeting at 2am. When the tenant knocked on the door to ask them to keep the noise down, Arnold was who answered the door.
- Reported to Chris Gardner on June 23rd to no effect:
- The tenant has now been experiencing repeated issues with accessing the building while other tenants have not. Arnold’s partner is seen recording the tenant as they struggle to gain entry to the building they pay rent to live in.
- Reported to Chris Gardner on July 3rd to no effect:
- Noise issues from the same unit that Arnold had previously answered the door at in the prior incident continue to occur around 2-3am
DON’T RENT HERE!
These abusive slumlords own several rental properties in the area, using the same irresponsible and menacing property management company for each.
- Helene Apartments: 414 NE Ravenna Blvd Seattle, WA 98105
- The Genesis Apartments: 118 18th Avenue East Seattle, WA 98112
- The Kirkwood: 713 3rd Place South Kirkland, WA 98033
- 2801 E Yesler Way Seattle, WA 98122
- 2810 E Yesler Way Seattle, WA 98122
- 2811 E Yesler Way Seattle, WA 98122
- 15532 27th Ave NE Shoreline, WA 98155
- 802 15th Avenue Seattle, WA 98122
- 324 NE 65th Street Seattle, WA 98115
- 2020 Waverly Place North Seattle, WA 98109
- 19059 International Blvd Seatac, WA 98188
- 611 12th Avenue East Seattle, WA 98102
- 615 12th Avenue East Seattle, WA 98102
Want to let the landlords know what you think of this? Email them at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com